This page is a set of short cuts to the various slide shows that may be found in the climbing section. Some are associated with an article on the site but others are just sets of slides.
Some photos are “Geo-tagged” - that is there is a Geo icon at the end of the caption that indicates the location where the photo was taken. For slideshows at a single location the link itself is Geo-tagged.
- The 1938 route on the North Face of the Eiger
- The Walker Spur on Les Grandes Jorasses.
- The classic British route on the Central Pillar of Frêney
- The American Direct on the west face of the Petit Dru.
- The traverse of the Chamonix Aiguilles
- The Brown-Whillans, West face of the Aiguille de Blaitière
- Cordier Pillar, Grandes Charmoz
- The Contamine route on the West Face, Petites Jorasses
- The Cecchinel Nominé on the Grand Pilier D’Angle, Mt Blanc
- North Face of Les Droites in winter
- Diamond Couloir, Mt Kenya
UK Winter Climbing
- An ascent of the normal route on Naranjo de Bulnes, Picos de Europa
- The classic rock routes on Shelterstone in the Cairngorms.
- An autumnal ascent of the original route on the Old Man of Hoy
- A selection of shots from the Llanberis Pass
- Bouldering on Earl Crag in North Yorkshire
- Talisman, Creagan Choire Etchachan
- The brilliant Squareface in Garbh Coire, Beinn a Bhuird
- An aided ascent of Kilnsey Main Overhang.
- First and early ascents of Lakes mid-extremes.
- A trip to Pabbay in the Outer Hebrides.
- A long weekend on the island of Portland.
- Climbing on Carnmore Crag, Fisherfield.